Accessing Health Insurance In A Whole New Way
With the Affordable Care Act (ACA) comes the introduction of a new health insurance market where individuals and small business owners can shop for affordable coverage. In addition, the Health Insurance Marketplace, also referred to as the Health Insurance Exchange, is the only market where eligible individuals can apply for a subsidy to offset the cost of health insurance premiums for policies purchased in the Exchange.
Open enrollment for coverage sold in the Health Insurance Exchange officially began in October, 2013 and closed in March 31st of 2014. The next open enrollment period will begin on November 15th, 2014. In order to purchase health insurance coverage outside of the open enrollment period, individuals will be required to present proof of a Qualifying Event.
Qualifying Events include, but are not limited to:
- Had a baby or child adoption
- Adopted a child, or had a child placed for adoption
- Lost coverage from job loss, divorce, etc
- Lost eligibility for Medicaid
- Moving to a new area
- Lost access to “affordable" insurance
- Click Here for more information on Qualifying Events.
For Our Employer Clients We Offer The Following Services:
- Completion of the model notices
- Plan affordability testing
- Plan minimum value testing
- Employee meetings to educate about the employer plan, the exchange and to respond to any ongoing questions regarding such
- Training meetings for employers
Contact Us Today For More Information!
Do you have questions or would like more information on the Medical Exchange/Marketplace?