The employer mandate has been delayed until 2016 depending on group size. There are additional transition rules that impact when employers have to comply. Employers must assess the impact of the Affordable Care Act as it relates to potential penalties, plan designs and eligibility. See how we can assist you today!
Health Care Reform requires all individuals, with certain exemptions, to have health insurance in 2016 or pay a penalty on their income taxes. Open enrollment for individuals in 2016 has already closed. Only those with qualifying events, such as marriage, may apply for coverage now. Click here to learn more.
Have you just experienced a qualifying event and need to get coverage? Our consultants are ready to assist you! In the absence of a qualifying event, the next opportunity to purchase health insurance began with the Federal open enrollment period on November 1st, 2016 for coverage that will take effect on January 1st, 2017.
Bronze plans have the lowest monthly premiums, but will only cover an average of 60 percent of your incurred medical bills. Bronze plans are a good option for people who require little to no medical care in an average year.
Silver plans have slightly higher premiums than bronze plans and cover an average of 70 percent of annual non-preventive health care costs. These plans are a good option for moderate users of medical services.
Gold plans will cover an average of 80 percent of your medical care, with the policyholder paying the remaining 20 percent. People with gold plans pay higher premiums than people with bronze or silver plans.
Platinum plans have the highest premiums and the most coverage, with an average of 90 percent of medical care costs covered. They are the best option for those who may require a lot of medical services in any given year.